Monday, February 23, 2009

When I Was 5

At 5 years old (I was in kindergarten) I was asleep in my bed and it was very late - around midnight. While asleep, I found myself outside of my house hovering about 60-80 feet above our street. As I looked out, I could see my house and then I looked down my street. There was something around me. It was like a cloud but yet there were no clouds - certainly not this low anyway. It was more like a mist but thicker and very white and I knew it was "someone". Weird to say that but that's the feeling that I was given, which was that this thing I was looking at and feeling around me was a living being.

While I hung there in the sky, I saw a truck coming down our street and a car pulled up to the corner by our house (station wagon). Suddenly the car pulled out and crashed into the truck. My dad was on his ham radio in the basement. The dream I was having was a major REM sleep dream with all of the vivid descriptions of an OBE.

In the blink of an eye I was in the basement of my house looking at my dad and then suddenly I was looking through his eyes at a set of headlights coming toward the window in the basement. Also, I looked back toward the stairs (because my dad turned to run toward the stairs) and I saw a woman I had never seen before standing on the bottom step. I saw more but Iʼll explain later below.

Suddenly I hear a crash and it wakes me up. I go downstairs crying and my momʼs on the phone and my dad ran out into the backyard. My mom was on the phone talking to the police about the car crash. Nobody was saying anything to us for what seemed like a long time and we started to all cry. After a while I heard police sirens and shortly afterwards I heard a fire truck coming. By now my two sisters are crying a lot because nobody will tell us what happened. I then said to my mom that I saw the truck crash into the car at Peggyʼs house (my friend across the street). The car hit the house and they her mom and dad were on the sofa watching Lawrence Welk. Well she knew I was in bed when it happened and so she asked me what I was talking about. I told her that when I was sleeping I saw a truck coming down the street and a station wagon crashed into it. There is no way in the world I could have seen that since I was in bed and she certainly wouldnʼt let us go outside to see what happened. It was here that she knew that I was just like her and could see things that other people couldnʼt see.

I told my mom (in my 5-year-old voice) that after the truck hit the station wagon that it came toward our house and it hit the corner of the house and then went toward our new garage (just skimming it) and then hit our old garage. It crushed my bicycle sitting outside of the garage. The truck didnʼt stop there though because it kept on going another 50 feet or so and went down an embankment and crashed nose first. The man in the truck died and his ear was cut off. I donʼt know what happened to the driver of the station wagon.

I saw all of that before I had woken up out of this sleep I was in.

There was one moment when my mom let us go to the screen door at the back of the house to watch the commotion. There was the local television news crew back there and my dad was mad because they wouldn't get off of our property and just wanted to film the ugly stuff. My dad got in an argument with a camera man and my dad punched him in the face. Luckily this was a time when the police didn't take you to jail for such things. This event is a true experience of mine and it took place in 1957 in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

By Atrueoriginall