Monday, November 10, 2008

Why Doesn’t Everyone See Ghosts or Experience the Paranormal?

This question has always puzzled me to some extent. Though I don’t experience the paranormal everyday, and even less so as I get older, I thought it was something that everyone does experience to some extent.
Is it a coincidence that entire families will experience the paranormal, while others have never had an odd event happen in their lives?
I believe it is one of two things. Either some type of sixth sense is necessary to see or hear ghosts, and other dimensional realities, with the possibility that the ability runs in families, or everyone might experience it and some ignore it, while others are simply too busy to notice.
I do have a difficult time comprehending the “not noticing theory” as a few of the events that I’ve witnessed were too blatant to ignore or not notice. What I believe to be the most likely answer is that others do experience odd events sometimes, but they will find any explanation that seems logical, and force the explanation to fit, no matter if it makes sense or not.